Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can you find the new release die??

OK, now granted, it isn't really going to be that hard to find the new release die in this layout. But did you ever expect to see one of the new Special Occasion dies from the May Quickutz Release used in a Halloween layout? I received a bunch of these new dies in the mail today so of course I couldn't wait to start playing. I think the 2x2 Pears are just so cute that I was dying to use them first.

I decided to surf the internet to see if I could come up with a catchy little phrase about pears. All of a sudden I saw a saying about gourds and it hit me...turn these little babies around, take of the stem, and with a little distressing, they look like those colorful Fall gourds and other odd shaped pumpkins you see every year. So I got out all of my other QK Pumpkin dies to make a fun little cluster of different shaped pumpkins. I also used the Supermarket 4x8 Alpha for my title (which I believe is my absolute favorite of the 4x8 alphas!!)

4 comments:

annb said...

cute layout. Good use of the pears. I love the pumpkin!!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

You've got to be out of your "gourd"! LOL! I love this idea of using the pears for gourds!The really do look like gourds, now I'm going to want to add these to my QK list!

Natasha said...

Lovely Layout Ruth Ellen :-) I love the coloring & papers that you have used. Well done.

Beverly S. said...

Creative idea! That mind of yours
is always "working!!!" :) Pretty
papers and colors too.